Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

blade weaver

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Jakeman, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i just got one. Anyone have any experience with the blade weaver disc? I'm thinking about making an elf to use it.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    One thing I wanted to try during the beta. Go for it.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i'm playing a bladeweaver right now, i have insane defense because the tlanarion swords bladeweavers use are dex based. They dont do much damage though, i do 30-115 per hand. my spear warrior can put out a lot more damage in a lot less time, but he gets hit a lot more... it evens out in the end though because elves have crappy con (unmodified its 70.. BLEH!!) the styles are pretty cool, blade dance looks neat, but isnt too spectacular unless you have really high int and GM it. I'd recommend using it to supplement an existing class you like. my BW is a healer/channeler, basically what i do is DoT, snare, then slice them up. since i'm a healer i get a +50 con and +50 dex buff, plus the channeler personal defense buff :D giving me 200 dex and 120 con, and 1200 defense in defensive stance

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    holy ****ing shit. I just read the sections in my strat guide on healers and channelers to review their skills and stuff. That looks to be an uber combo with BW. You can fly, you can sneak, you can buff yourself to orgasm, and then cut 'em down. I still need to work out my training point spending, but I think I'm going to try that combo.

questions for you:
    1) the healer's single target con buff, blessing of health. My guide says it's only +10 con, there is no range... but the other single target buffs are all +10 to 50. Is the guide wrong? Is the con buff +10 to 50?

2) the channeler's damage shields, flesh of granite and flesh of lead. They both say +15 to 95 absorb for the various physical and elemental damages. Is this percent absorb or points of absorb?

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    wait... are flesh of granite and flesh of lead only for other players? Can you cast them on yourself?

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'm also considering a healer / prelate. Prelates have personal defense, damage, and stam regen buffs.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I always liked my Dwarven Prelate.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I asked this question on the sb forums. Both buffs can be cast on anyone, including yourself, and are "point absorbers." They absorb 15-95 points of damage, after which they break and must be recast.

So they aren't as good as I thought.

10. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    the stat buffs are +11 at 1 train, and scale up to +50 at GM level. flesh of granite adds XX to all your melee resists for a few hits, flesh of lead absorbs magic damage (if i remember right) my BW only uses one train in flesh of granite, so i dont have flesh of lead. the personal defense buff of the channeler kicks the pants off of the target buff you get from being a healer, so don't boost blessed protection at all.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That's the self buff, not the group buff, right? I only care about myself. :p

12. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    those are targeted buffs, you can share if you want to :p

Hitometer: 53,589,579 since 1995