Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

New apple g4 cube has finnaly arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DunAzrael, Jul 21, 2000.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    At last the long anticipated arrival of apples newest product is here.
    The g4 cube Shipping date is unkown, but you can order them direct from apples website.
    They have all of the capability of their larger cousins all wrapped up into a neat little 9 inch cube. along with it's suprising one trillion a sec calculation rate the people at apple have designed a new mechanism that cools the cubes interior parts without a fan, so there is no noise. It comes with rage ati 128,(installed),apple's new infared mouse, and a full size keyboard. Check this and other products at www.apple.com

2. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DunAzrael:
    At last the long anticipated arrival of apples newest product is here.
    The g4 cube Shipping date is unkown, but you can order them direct from apples website.
    They have all of the capability of their larger cousins all wrapped up into a neat little 9 inch cube. along with it's suprising one trillion a sec calculation rate the people at apple have designed a new mechanism that cools the cubes interior parts without a fan, so there is no noise. It comes with rage ati 128,(installed),apple's new infared mouse, and a full size keyboard. Check this and other products at www.apple.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

p.s. comment if you like, or say how you feel about apples new lineup.

DUn

3. Edward

Edward Unregistered

I'll have to politely disagree with some of this: [​IMG]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DunAzrael:
    ... They have all of the capability of their larger cousins all wrapped up into a neat little 9 inch cube...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. I mean yeah it does have a G4 processor and a big drive, but all you can add to it is RAM. The AGP video slot is good but the cube is too small for voodoo5 (that card is almost 11 inches long) and who knows if nvidia's upcoming card will fit. The tower G4s have more bays and slots etc, so the cube isn't as capable.

The cube is beautiful and would be a wonderful machine but it is too expensive when you consider the low-end G4 tower is $200 cheaper and much more expandable.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

4. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward:
    I'll have to politely disagree with some of this: [​IMG]

Not really. I mean yeah it does have a G4 processor and a big drive, but all you can add to it is RAM. The AGP video slot is good but the cube is too small for voodoo5 (that card is almost 11 inches long) and who knows if nvidia's upcoming card will fit. The tower G4s have more bays and slots etc, so the cube isn't as capable.

The cube is beautiful and would be a wonderful machine but it is too expensive when you consider the low-end G4 tower is $200 cheaper and much more expandable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I guess your right, but for simple apps it is a good machine. You could probably make it into a really good server machine. you could host good games.

Hitometer: 54,589,540 since 1995